We would love you become more involved with The Green House! As we grow, we’ll have many varied and exciting volunteering opportunities.
Volunteering with us is a great way to learn new skills, and to put your existing skills to good use. You’ll meet new people, contribute to the community and help change things for the better.
However you volunteer, we’ll give you training and support and a commitment to making your volunteering experience productive and enjoyable.
The types of roles that will be available on days we are open to the public include:
- Assisting with the planning and running of events
- Listening to and supporting hub visitors about sustainable changes they want to make
- Helping with displays and keeping the hub tidy and inviting for visitors
- Helping with the collection and return of items for the Library of Things
- Helping with fixing clothes and textiles in our sewing repair station
- Serving hot and cold drinks and other items to our visitors
Other roles will include:
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as updating the inventory for our Library of Things
- Carrying out PAT testing for electrical items in the Library of Things
- Cleaning and tidying the hub’s facilities
- Liaising with partner organisations and local ‘green’ companies to promote collaboration
- Helping with fundraising initiatives
- Keeping our social media and website up-to-date and engaging.
- General administration (IT, dealing with suppliers)
Please e-mail us if you would like to be involved. No commitment at this stage. We are developing our volunteering community now so that we will be ready when we have secured premises.